Get to know me

Hi, my name is Samantha Nicole Passuello, but my friends call me Sam P. Sammy P if I'm either comfortable with you, or you barely know me. I live on Long Island, New York, as does most of the demographic here at UT, from a small town called Sea Cliff. Although my town is only one-square mile, it is super close-knit and I take up an an acre of it with my entire family. I live with my mom, Dad, older brother, twin little sisters, Aunt, Uncle, Grandparents, and two pets, my cat, Lily, and dog, Nala. I chose The University of Tampa because I often visited my grandma down in Bonita Springs, Florida and it quickly began to feel like a second home to me. I also got the highest scholarship here and the opportunity to be in the Honors Program which made it feel like the right decision. Before college, I went to a public high school. I played field hockey and lacrosse on season, and winter track off season where I race walked... hate on it all you want but I was an all-county champion. I was a good student and got good grades but high school was pretty boring for the most part, making college a great change in pace. Over the past two summers, I worked as a waitress at a country club in a nearby city called Glen Cove, where the staff is treated like animals. I can go on and on about the corruption of Nassau Country Club and what is says about society, but I'll save that for another post. This job did play a huge role in my life, however, which I am appreciative of. I made the best of friends and have the funniest stories I'll tell forever. I am super excited for this class because while reflecting on myself and the generally typical life I've lived so far, I'll learn about other people's experiences and the knowledge they've collected from their own upbringings.  


Comments

  1. Hi Sam! I am excited to be in your group, you seem like a nice and dependent person, so we will definitely get along! As a creative writing major, I also really enjoy reflecting on life. That is one of my favorite ways to reflect, so I'm glad that we have that in common 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sam! I also have pets, 2 dogs and 2 cats at home. As someone who has also worked in the food industry, I can understand what working in a restaurant can be like and I sympathize. I worked at Red Lobster during covid and lets just say its not an experience I wish to repeat. I'm sure we'll be able to swap stories! Looking forward to getting to know you more :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts